Promoting Yourself Using your Profile
One of the secrets of the influencer industry is that those who market themselves are the ones who are most successful. Many influencers will wait for people to DM them on Instagram or join an influencer platform and wait for brands to contact them. While you may see some inbound interest this way, with so many other influencers competing for brand attention you might find yourself waiting quite a while before seeing any opportunities. The good news is that influence.co offers numerous mechanisms to help you promote yourself.
You can share the link to your profile wherever and with whomever you like because your influence.co profile is 100% public. Your public profile also gives you broader exposure to brands and agencies. Unlike closed network platforms where your information is only accessible to the small number of marketers who are paying customers, anyone can see your influence.co profile.
We see influence.co members take advantage of this by sharing their profile link in a variety of ways:
- Social Media Channels - put your influence.co link in your Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or SnapChat like @shelbylelmore has done in her Instagram bio.
- Embed Cards - every influence.co profile also comes with a dynamic embed card that you can put on your blog or website. Many influencers, like Average Jane will put this in the sidebar of their blog or on their “About” page. It’s part of your free subscription and only takes a minute to install on most blog platforms like WordPress. Sharing or embedding your profile is easy. Simply login to your account and click “Promote Profile” from the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner.
- Email Footer - put your influence.co profile link in the footer of your email. Every time you communicate with someone you’re sharing your resume with them. If you don't have an email footer already, it's the easiest way to promote yourself all day long!
- Badges on your blog - many bloggers put a list of networks and platforms they are a part of in the sidebar of their blog. influence.co offers downloadable graphics and dynamic HTML badges that show your reach and are easily added to your blog.
- See Who’s Viewed You - in the PRO version of influence.co you can actually see who’s viewed your profile. This can give you insight into brands that may be considering you for collaborations and indicate who you can reach out to proactively to find opportunities.
No matter what options you choose, take every opportunity you can to let the world know you are a professional influencer and that you’re interested in collaborations.